Certified Global Business Professional Exam Prep (CGBP)
The Global Trade Professional training course will help you to receive the most comprehensive overview of international business basics. You will learn about export compliance, international logistics, international marketing, market selection, trade finance, global business management, payment tools and much more. By the end of this course you’ll not only see the broader opportunities and risks of global commerce but you’ll be prepped to sit for the NASBITE Certified Global Business Professional credential exam, which evaluates an individual’s competency of best practices in trade.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Familiarize yourself with the general dynamics of world trade
- Understand methods of how to choose markets to prioritize based on your company’s resources and the characteristics of your product(s)
- Understand the relative benefits and risks associated with foreign market entry methods
- Understand the fundamental differences among world cultures
- Understand important factors and tools useful in successful international marketing
- Learn about matters that tend to arise after successful establishment of sales in a given foreign territory
- Comprehend how to use Incoterms
- Identify the hazards and risk prevention techniques associated with international shipments
- Distinguish various common and uncommon documents required for importation
- Learn export/import documentation, logistics and customs clearance procedures
- Learn which government agencies control the varied areas of trade security
- Learn which questions to ask to determine your company’s compliance responsibilities
- Learn about security measures for import and transit
- Take advantage of more resources to lower risk of inspection and lower tariffs
- Be prepared to take the CGBP exam
April 18-20, 2018
9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
CSU's Monte Ahuja College of Business, 1860 E. 18th St., Cleveland, OH 44115 (map)
To receive the EARLY BIRD RATE, you must register at least 6 weeks prior to the start date of the course. Corporate, CSU Student, Alumni and Organization membership discounts available!
Competency-Based Professional Development: Our programs increase learner retention through application, which results in a more productive workforce. Students demonstrate their competence by successfully completing a course assessment.
All Inclusive: Each course delivered at CSU includes materials, pre-test and post-test, coffee, snacks, lunch and convenient, on-site parking.
Educated and Experienced Instructors: Our instructors bring years of real-world, classroom and CPA, CFA, SHRM, PhD and MBA experience. Many hold leadership positions in northeast Ohio organizations and have taught at the graduate and undergraduate levels.
Cost-Effective: The course is designed to minimize travel expenses and time away from work.
Convenient: Flexible schedules are not only an attractive option, but a necessary for busy professionals.
Networking Opportunities: Learn from instructors and colleagues who have a variety of industry experiences to share.
Audit option: Students have the option to audit a course they have already attended at no charge within one academic year. Interested students must notify the ProDev office requesting to audit a course a minimum of 10 business days prior to the course start date to ensure there is enough seating. Audit students are responsible for their own parking and lunches. New materials will not be provided.
Corporate, Custom Availability: Can be custom-tailored to the needs of your organization to provide skills your workforce can apply immediately as a corporate training if requested.
No refunds will be issued if notification is not received seven business days prior to the first day of class. Registrants who cancel will receive a refund, less a $50 processing fee, if we receive written notification a minimum of seven business days prior to the first day of class.
The Small Business Development Centers of Ohio. The Ohio SBDC program is funded in part by the Ohio Development Service Agency (ODSA). All opinions, conclusions or recommendations expressed are those of the author (s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the ODSA. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.
The International Trade Assistance Center (ITAC), hosted by Cleveland State University's Monte Ahuja College of Business and funded by the Ohio Small Business Development Center, offers free and discreet business consulting to Small and Medium Sized businesses who want to grow their export sales.