Interview Skills (Online)
Acquire new skills in job interviewing. You should attend if you want to improve your chances for being hired for a position, as well as if you are a leader who wants to improve the results of your hiring practices. A recent study by The Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) found that up to 75% of employee performance issues can be directly identified during the interview process. This class will help you identify the “red flags” during the interview process so that you can avoid all the expenses and problems associated with a bad hire.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Create an interview process to meet your specific needs.
- Develop specific behavior based interview questions.
- Develop interviewing techniques.
- Save time by using specific screening techniques.
- Successfully acclimate your new employee.
- Understand the Interview process.
- Learn how to create effective screening techniques.
- Understand how to create behavior based questions that measure successful job performance.
- Understand what to look for in resumes and job applications.
- Understand how to evaluate a candidate’s responses to your questions.
- Learn how to minimize the learning curve for your new hire.
Determining Job Requirements
- Creating clear job requirements, responsibilities.
- Identifying quantitative and qualitative criteria.
- Identifying minimal performance standards.
Creating your Job Posting / Screening Techniques
- Writing and describing your job posting.
- Managing job inquires / submissions.
- Creating effective screening techniques.
Behavior Based Questions
- Creating behavior-based questions.
- Evaluating candidate responses.
Conducting the Interview
- Evaluating the 4 video interviews.
- Determining your interviewing effectiveness.
- Applying the interview techniques.